In October 2016 I wrote Why I joined Amazon Advantage. To recap, I did so because I found out that Amazon wasn’t taking the feeds from Nielsen Bookdata and showing my books in their correct subject categories (Amazon call these browse nodes). They were just showing up on the Amazon catalogues dumped in Children’s Books or Teen Fiction General. That was no good; who would find them there? When I asked Amazon, they replied the only way to sort this was to join Amazon Advantage and input the subjects myself.
Oh, and by the way you have to do it for each individual Amazon by country so naturally I began with Amazon.co.uk.
And the trouble I’ve had!
You have to add your items and input your prices and subjects, but one thing I noticed was the subjects the books should have had listed were already there. So why weren’t they on the catalogues? Anyway, I set about inputting them again. I had to wait 7-10 days for the changes, but…
- None of the new prices I input were ever saved despite my asking numerous times. Oddly enough pricing was one thing they did take from the Neilsen feed, so I’ve had to go back to Lulu and change them there so that they will feed that info to Neilsen (and that’s another story!) That’s probably going to be a problem with Amazon.com. I added the titles onto that Advantage programme before I wrote this post and I sorted out the prices. I wanted the prices to be cheaper and more consistent, all ending in .99.
- For some reason I had problems with the subjects for Goalden Girl and Goalden Sky. Amazon didn’t seem to like putting Football with Sports & Outdoors, even though this was available to choose on the Advantage subjects. Anyway they’ve managed to salvage something after loads of nagging by me, but I don’t relish having to do this all over again with Amazon.com!
- Goalden Sky continually drops off my active items list. God only knows why!
- When stock runs out, I have to send copies of my books myself to Amazon (including overseas). What happens if I snuff it??? No one will ever remember me and my books will be continually out of print! 😭
- Once you’re in the Advantage programme, can you opt out of it, and if so do you lose all the changes you made?
I’m beginning to regret ever joining Advantage. I think it sucks personally…🙄
Tagged: Amazon Advantage